13 years ago, I moved from the blustering metropolis that is Kansas City to a quiet, tiny town in the middle of Missouri. I am still trying to adjust! My daughter was born in 2009 with VACTERL Syndrome, which kept me home with her.
Honestly, stay at home life was hard for me. I am the worst at keeping the house clean, keeping up with laundry and dishes. I just wanted to play with my kid all day!
Getting used to a town of less than 4,000 people had been a struggle after life in a city of 1.5 million. As our neighboring town began to grow, things became a little easier.
Initially, I started this blog as a way to keep myself busy. I didn’t really know anyone outside of my boyfriends family. I thought I could share my favorite healthy meals and home workouts. I was constantly told that that a healthy, fit body could not be achieved without a gym and expensive “healthy, clean” foods. Over time though, this blog has become so much more!
As I work on making some changes to this blog, I am bursting with thoughts and ideas that I can’t seem to get down on paper fast enough. I am so excited to add in all our outdoor adventures, step-mama drama, reviews of my favorite products, tips & tricks to save some money and more.
10 Quick Facts:
- My mom is from Okinawa, making me half Okinawan, and my kids 1/4
- I did the stay at home mom thing for roughly 10 years and I have a love hate relationship with it
- I currently work at a semi-conductor company full time in both the communications and safety departments, but I also hold a nursing license in the state of Missouri and sub for our school district
- My kids dad and I have been together for almost 14 years and we are still planning our wedding
- I’m absolutely terrified of water, but taking our kayaks to the river during the summer is one of my favorite things to do
- I’m as lazy as they come. I prefer movies on my couch over almost anything
- I grew up in the back of a fast food restaurant in Olathe, KS
- I love James Patterson books; primarily the Women’s Murder Club series
- I want to be super fit, but I love food too much to make a full commitment
- I recently decided to love the idea of hunting and fishing